02 April 2024 - Expedited US passport applications can now be processed in five and ten business days.

02 April 2024 - An appointment is required for all office visits. Please call us to schedule an in-person office visit.

array(2) { ["show_coupon"]=> array(0) { } ["coupons"]=> array(2) { [0]=> array(2) { ["coupon"]=> string(4) "FB10" ["discount"]=> string(2) "10" } [1]=> array(2) { ["coupon"]=> string(10) "allstate15" ["discount"]=> string(2) "15" } } }
You have selected a

Passport correction

Who can apply Eligibility and Document Requirements
Service Options
Customer Info

How quickly do you need your passport processed?

Gov't fee of $190.00 to be paid to the "U.S. Department of State" is not included.
Choose how fast you need to get your passport

Express Shipping Options

Please select inbound shipping
When a prepaid option is selected, a shipping label will be sent to your email.
Please select return shipping

For Government or Corporate accounts only

next step

your order summary

Passport Service
Inbound Shipping
Return Shipping
gdssl authorize-net-security-seal

Eligibility and Document Requirements

You are eligible to apply for a passport correction if:

  • You need to change your name in your valid U.S. passport, which was issued less than 1 year ago
  • You need to correct a printing error in your valid U.S. passport

hide all
Step 1

Complete and Submit Form DS-5504

Complete Form DS-5504: Name Change, passport correction and Limited Passport Book Replacement (Online Version) . The US Passport Agency has introduced an Online based application form, this Online style application must be used in all expediting cases. Failure to use this Online application may cause
delays in processing times. TIP: This Online application has replaced “Hand Written” applications, YOU ARE NOT APPLYING
ONLINE you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application the US State Department web site ‘Wizard’ will walk you through the application.
The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print (single sided only) and sign (in blue or black ink only) your application.
Note: The application Wizard will ask you to select fees, shipping and processing options. Select any options to complete the form, no payments will be made and options selected will have no effect on the actual service provided by Allstate Passports & Visas. The Wizard is simply designed to assist the general public in calculating fees for traditional mail in applications. A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-5504 printed on the bottom left of the application.

Step 2

Submit Your Most Recent U.S. Passport

Include your most recent undamaged U.S. Passport

Step 3

Submit Evidence to Support the Change Requested

  • For correction wrong name on passport, submit a complete and unaltered photocopy of your marriage certificate or your name change court decree showing a seal and officiate/judge signature
  • If there is a change or mistake on passport in the descriptive data in your recently issued passport, you must submit the appropriate evidence showing the correct information (e. g. certified birth certificate or marriage certificate as described above)
Step 4

Pay the Applicable U.S. Government Fee

  • No Government Fees for printing error correction
  • $60 U.S. Government Fee for Name Change
Step 5

Provide Two Professional Passport Photos

Your Photographs for passport error correction Must Be:

  • Identical
  • In color
  • 2 x 2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Taken without eye glasses
Step 6

Include Two Letters of Authorization

Complete the Letter of Authorization for Allstate Passports & Visas in DUPLICATE.

  • Must list your full legal name
  • Must have your original signature and date

Please sign two Letters of Authorization with original signature (BLUE or BLACK ink ONLY).

Step 7

Ship Documents to Allstate Passports & Visas

For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx. Please mail your documents to the address below:

Allstate Passports & Visas
8201 164th Ave NE, Suite 200
Redmond, WA 98052
Tel: (206) 522-5995

Passport correction FAQ

I already have a passport, but I've changed addresses. Do I need to update my passport?

No, you don’t need to update your current passport with your new address.

I don't like the photo in my passport. Can I change it?

If your photo looks bad because of a printing error at the Passport Agency, you can use Form DS-5504 to reapply at no cost to you within 12 month from the issued date of your passport.

If your photo is printed correctly and you just dislike your photo, you may use Form DS-82 (if eligible) to reapply. You must pay the normal fees.