- You need to change your name in your valid U.S. passport, which was issued less than 1 year ago
- You need to correct a printing error in your valid U.S. passport
Passport correctionWho can apply
Complete Form DS-5504: Name Change, Data Correction and Limited Passport Book Replacement (Online Version) . The US Passport Agency has introduced an Online based application form, this Online style application must be used in all expediting cases. Failure to use this Online application may cause
delays in processing times. TIP: This Online application has replaced “Hand Written” applications, YOU ARE NOT APPLYING
ONLINE you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application the US State Department web site ‘Wizard’ will walk you through the application.
The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print (single sided only) and sign (in blue or black ink only) your application.
Note: The application Wizard will ask you to select fees, shipping and processing options. Select any options to complete the form, no payments will be made and options selected will have no effect on the actual service provided by Allstate Passports & Visas. The Wizard is simply designed to assist the general public in calculating fees for traditional mail in applications. A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-5504 printed on the bottom left of the application.
Include your most recent undamaged U.S. Passport
- For passport correction due to name change, submit a complete and unaltered photocopy of your marriage certificate or your name change court decree showing a seal and officiate/judge signature
- If there is a change or an error in the descriptive data in your recently issued passport, you must submit the appropriate evidence showing the correct information (e. g. certified birth certificate or marriage certificate as described above)
- No Government Fees for printing error correction
- $60 U.S. Government Fee for Name Change
Your Photographs Must Be:
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Taken without eye glasses
Complete the Letter of Authorization for Allstate Passports & Visas in DUPLICATE.
- Must list your full legal name
- Must have your original signature and date
Please sign two Letters of Authorization with original signature (BLUE or BLACK ink ONLY).
24-72 hours expedited passport services require proof of international travel within 14 days (or 4 weeks, if you require foreign visas).
Proof of travel may be one of the following:
- Flight itinerary showing an international departure
- A letter from your employer confirming the need to travel in the immediate future (sample)
For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx. Please mail your documents to the address below:
Allstate Passports & Visas
123 Queen Anne Ave. N., Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98109
Tel: (206) 522-5995
Passport correction FAQ
No, you don’t need to update your current passport with your new address.
If your photo looks bad because of a printing error at the Passport Agency, you can use Form DS-5504 to reapply at no cost to you with 12 month from the issued date of your passport.
If your photo is printed correctly and you just dislike your photo, you may use Form DS-82 (if eligible) to reapply. You must pay the normal fees.