- You are applying for your first U.S. passport or
- Your child U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16 or
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
- Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
New PassportWho can apply
Complete Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport (Online Version) . The US Passport Agency has introduced an Online based application form, this Online style application must be used in all expediting cases. Failure to use this Online application may cause delays in processing times. TIP: This Online application has replaced “Hand Written” applications, YOU ARE NOT APPLYING
ONLINE you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application the US State Department web site ‘Wizard’ will walk you through the application.
The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print (single sided only) and sign (in blue or black ink only) your application.
Note: The application Wizard will ask you to select fees, shipping and processing options. Select any options to complete the form, no payments will be made and options selected will have no effect on the actual service provided by Allstate Passports & Visas. The Wizard is simply designed to assist the general public in calculating fees for traditional mail in applications. A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-11 printed on the bottom left of the application.
To submit Form DS-11, you:
- Must apply in person at an Acceptance Facility
- Must include the additional documentation required by Form DS-11 (See Steps 2-7)
- Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent
- Must provide your Social Security number
Please make a copy of the unsigned filled out Form DS-11 before going to the Acceptance Facility. This copy will need to be mailed to Allstate Passports & Visas OUTSIDE of the envelope that will be sealed for you by the Acceptance Facility clerk.
When applying for a U.S. passport in person, evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11. All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you.
Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
- Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
* A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
When applying for a U.S. passport in person, acceptable identification must be presented at the time of application. A clear copy of your ID document must be included with the DS-11 form – copy both front and back of your ID document onto ONE side of a paper sheet or onto two separate paper sheets.
Primary Identification (One of the following):
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents)
Your photo for get passport Must Be:
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Taken without eye glasses
Complete the Letter of Authorization for getting a passport & Visas.
- Must list your full legal name
- Must have your original signature and date
- Must be included with the DS-11 Application
Please sign two Letters of Authorization with original signature (BLUE or BLACK ink ONLY). One letter will be included with the documents in the sealed envelope and a second letter will need to be mailed to Allstate Passports & Visas OUTSIDE of the envelope that will be sealed for you by the Acceptance Facility clerk.
24-72 hours expedited passport services require proof of international travel within 14 days (or 4 weeks, if you require foreign visas).
Proof of travel may be one of the following:
- Flight itinerary showing an international departure
- A letter from your employer confirming the need to travel in the immediate future (sample)
- Government Fees for applicants of age 16 and older: check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $170, if applying for a Passport Book or $200, if applying for a Passport Book and Card
- Government Fees for applicants under 16 years old: check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $140, if applying for a Passport Book or $155, if applying for a Passport Book and Card
For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx. Please mail the envelope sealed by the Acceptance
Facility agent along with a copy of your filled out Form DS-11 and Letter of Authorization to Allstate Passports & Visas at this address:
Allstate Passports & Visas
8201 164th Ave NE, Suite 200
Redmond, WA 98052
Tel: (206) 522-5995
New Passport FAQ
- If you are 16 or older - for 10 years.
- If you are under 16 - for 5 years.
The Issue Date of your passport can be found on the data page of your passport book or on the front of your passport card.
Yes, US Passport Agency will return the original documents (e.g. court documents, marriage certificate, birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, previously issued and expired US passport) submitted with your application.
Yes, it is a requirement of the US Department of State. Section 22 U.S.C. 2714a and 22 C.F.R 51.60(f) requires you to provide your Social Security number, if you have one, when you apply for or renew a U.S. passport.
If you fail to provide the information, you will encounter a delay in processing and/or denial of your passport application.
Applicants applying for a new passport within the United States may choose a 28-page or 52-page book.