• You need to change your name in your valid U.S. passport, which was issued less than 1 year ago
  • You need to correct a printing error in your valid U.S. passport

If you answered no to any of the above statements, you are not eligible to apply for a correction using Form DS-5504.

  • 1

Complete and Submit Form DS-5504


    Complete Form DS-5504: Name Change, Data Correction and Limited Passport Book Replacement (Online Version) . The US Passport Agency has introduced an Online based application form, this Online style application must be used in all expediting cases. Failure to use this Online application may cause
    delays in processing times. TIP: This Online application has replaced "Hand Written" applications, YOU ARE NOT APPLYING
    ONLINE you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application the US State Department web site 'Wizard' will walk you through the application.
    The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print (single sided only) and sign (in blue or black ink only) your application.
    Note: The application Wizard will ask you to select fees, shipping and processing options. Select any options to complete the form, no payments will be made and options selected will have no effect on the actual service provided by Allstate Passports & Visas. The Wizard is simply designed to assist the general public in calculating fees for traditional mail in applications. A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-5504 printed on the bottom left of the application.

  • 2

Submit Your Current U. S. Passport


Include your currently valid U. S. Passport

  • 3

Submit Evidence to Support the Change Requested

  • For passport correction due to name change, submit a complete and unaltered photocopy of your marriage certificate or your name change court decree showing a seal and officiate/judge signature
  • If there is a change or an error in the descriptive data in your recently issued passport, you must submit the appropriate evidence showing the correct information (e. g. certified birth certificate or marriage certificate as described above)
  • 4

Pay the Applicable U. S. Government Fee

  • No Government Fees for printing error correction
  • $60 U. S. Government Fee for Name Change (see the Order Form below for details)
  • 5

Provide Two Professional Passport Photos


Your Photographs Must Be:

  • Identical
  • In color
  • 2 x 2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing your current appearance
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Taken without eye glasses
  • 6

Include Letter of Authorization


Complete the Letter of Authorization for Allstate Passports & Visas.

  • Must list your full legal name
  • Must have your original signature and date of birth
  • 7

Include Proof of Travel


Expedited passport services require proof of international departure within 14 days (or 4 weeks, if you require foreign visas). Proof of travel may be one of the following:

  • Flight itinerary showing an international departure
  • A letter from your employer confirming the need to travel in the immediate future (sample)
  • 8

Complete Allstate Passports & Visas Order Form


Complete the Order Form indicating turnaround time for passport services, return shipping and payment information.

  • 9

Ship Documents to Allstate Passports & Visas


For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx. Please mail your complete documents package to Allstate Passports & Visas at this address:

Allstate Passports & Visas
123 Queen Anne Ave. N., Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98109
Tel: (206) 522-5995