• You are under age 16 and you need a new passport or need to renew your current passport
  • 1

Complete and Submit Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport


Complete Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport (Online Version) . The US Passport Agency has introduced an Online based application form, this Online style application must be used in all expediting cases. Failure to use this Online application may cause
delays in processing times. TIP: This Online application has replaced "Hand Written" applications, YOU ARE NOT APPLYING
ONLINE you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application the US State Department web site 'Wizard' will walk you through the application.
The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print (single sided only) and sign (in blue or black ink only) your application.
Note: The application Wizard will ask you to select fees, shipping and processing options. Select any options to complete the form, no payments will be made and options selected will have no effect on the actual service provided by Allstate Passports & Visas. The Wizard is simply designed to assist the general public in calculating fees for traditional mail in applications. A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-11 printed on the bottom left of the application.


To submit Form DS-11, the minor:

  • Must apply in person with both parents/guardians at an Acceptance Facility
  • Must include the additional documentation required by Form DS-11 (See Steps 2-7)
  • Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent
  • Must provide your Social Security number

Please make a copy of the unsigned filled out Form DS-11 before going to the Acceptance Facility. This copy will need to be mailed to Allstate Passports & Visas OUTSIDE of the envelope that will be sealed for you by the Acceptance Facility clerk.

  • 2

Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship


When applying for a U.S. passport in person, evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11. All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you.

Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):

  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
  • Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship

* A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

  • 3

Submit Evidence of Relationship


Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant.

Evidence of Relationship (One of the following):

  • Minor’s Certified U. S. birth certificate with both parents’ names
  • Minor’s certified Foreign Birth Certificate with both parents’ names *
  • Minor’s Consular Report of Birth Abroad with both parents’ names
  • Adoption Decree with adopting parents’ names *
  • Court Order establishing custody or guardianship

* Foreign documents must be accompanied by an official English translation.
Note: evidence of a legal name change must be submitted, if the name of a parent/guardian has changed since the original documents were issued (e. g. photocopy of a marriage certificate, etc.).

  • 4

Present Identification of Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and Include a Copy


When applying for a minor under age 16, both parent(s)/guardian(s) must present acceptable identification at the time of application. A clear copy of your ID document must be included with the DS-11 form - copy both front and back of your ID document onto ONE side of a paper sheet or onto two separate paper sheets.

Primary Identification (One of the following):

  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Valid Driver's License
  • Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
  • Current Military ID (military and dependents)
  • 5

Provide Parental Consent


Both parents must provide consent authorizing passport issuance for a minor under age 16. See the scenarios below, and follow the instruction that best applies to your circumstance:

Both Parents MUST:
  • Appear in person with the minor
  • Sign Form DS-11 in front of an Acceptance Agent
One Parent MUST:
  • Appear in person with the minor
  • Sign Form DS-11 in front of an Acceptance Agent
  • Submit the second parents’ notarized Statement of Consent (Form DS-3053)
One Parent (with sole legal custody) MUST:
  • Appear in person with the minor
  • Sign Form DS-11 in front of an Acceptance Agent
  • Submit primary evidence of sole authority to apply for the child with one of the following:
    • Minor’s certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate listing only the applying parent
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only the applying parent
    • Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order)
    • Adoption decree (if applying parent is sole adopting parent)
    • Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child
    • Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent
    • Death certificate of non-applying parent
    NOTE: If none of the above documentation is available, the applying parent must submit Form DS-3053 stating why the non-applying parent/guardian's consent cannot be obtained.
  • 6

Pay the Applicable U. S. Government Fee

  • A check or money order for $140 payable to the “Department of State”
  • A check for $25 to the acceptance facility
  • 7

Provide Two Professional Passport Photos


Your Photographs Must Be:

  • Identical
  • In color
  • 2 x 2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing the child’s current appearance
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Taken without eye glasses
  • 8

Include Letter of Authorization


Complete the Letter of Authorization for Allstate Passports & Visas.

  • Must list the child’s full legal name, date of birth and the parents’ names
  • Must have the parents’ original signatures
  • 9

Include Proof of Travel


Expedited passport services require proof of international departure within 14 days (or 4 weeks, if you require foreign visas).
Proof of travel for a child may be a flight itinerary or copy of airline tickets showing an international departure.

  • 10

Complete Allstate Passports & Visas Order Form


Complete the Order Form indicating turnaround time for passport services, return shipping and payment information. Note: the Order Form does not go inside the sealed envelope, you will be sending it to us along with the sealed envelope and a copy of your filled out form DS-11.

  • 11

Ship Documents to Allstate Passports & Visas


For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx. Please mail the envelope sealed by the Acceptance Facility agent along with a copy of your filled out Form DS-11 and the Order Form to Allstate Passports & Visas at this address:

Allstate Passports & Visas
123 Queen Anne Ave. N., Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98109
Tel: (206) 522-5995